Sure practice makes perfect and truer words were never spoken when it comes to tennis, but did you know there are other things you can do to help improve your game? We’re not talking about buying better shoes or less restrictive clothing, though these are all valid improvements – we’re talking about the benefits of a stiff racquet. You might be a tennis nut who gets all their exclusive tennis channels from places like DirectStarTV.com , but chances are you may not have heard of the benefits of stiffening the strings on your tennis racquet.
- More flexibility to hit the ball
- Better shock-absorption to handle your follow-through
- More powerful stroke
Here’s how you stiffen those strings:
1. Look for some tennis racquet strings with firm string gauges falling somewhere between 16 or 18 gauge. You can find these at most sports retail stores.
2. Get a hold of a pair of wire cutters or anything else sharp and do away with those old tennis racquet strings once and for all. You won’t need them once we are finished.
3. Restring your racquet with the new strings – if you lack the proper equipment, you may need to hit up a sports specialty store where a professional can recommend a stringing machine.
4. Practice, practice, practice. Get out there and feel the difference the moment you hit the ball.